India is one of the biggest and populous countries in the world. It is a country with a fast growing economy, but at the same time, it is a country that suffers from illiteracy, poverty and malnutrition. I should say that you have taken a great challenge choosing to write dissertations on India. Perhaps the greatest difficulty will be the choice of a suitable topic for your India dissertation.
Needless to say, the range of the issues that can be covered in your India dissertation is huge. How can you pick the right one?
There are several criteria that you should be guided by:
- Your actual knowledge of some particular aspects
- Your preferences in a particular field
- Feasibility of your India dissertation topic.
So, now let us discuss some possible aspects for discussion in your dissertation on India.
- Your work can turn into a history dissertation on India if you are concerned about the historical development of this country. Your project can be devoted to the Indian Golden Age, such notable ancient empires as Hoysalas, Pandyas, and Pallavas. It is a good idea to tell about the periods of Delhi Sultanate and Mughal Empire in your dissertation on India.
- Another issue to be discussed in a university dissertation on India is the Indian culture. Still, it seems just impossible to cover all the aspects of the tremendous culture of this country in one dissertation. Thus, you will have to choose from:
- architecture (Taj Mahal, Mughal architecture, Vernacular architecture);
- music (Carnatic musical traditions, bauls);
- dance (Bhangra of Punjab, bihu of Assam).
- Those who are interested in the current events and modern history will also not lack topics for their India dissertations. You can tell about India in the international relations; its nuclear program; current situation with the states of Jammu and Kashmir; Indian military forces and so on.
Choosing a good topic for your dissertation on India will not be easy. Still, if you devote enough time to it, you will definitely succeed.