A person who has to write an exemplification essay is supposed to make a generalization about a certain problem or topic and illustrate the thesis with various examples. Sometimes students find this type of paper quite difficult to write because they cannot choose a particular question that is both interesting and familiar to them. This article will help you find a good topic for your paper.
Exemplification Essay Topics: Ten Ideas for You to Consider
Overall, in a paper you can focus on a variety of subjects, such as politics, mass media, law, technologies, economics and so forth. Here are some good examples:
- The hypocritical nature of political correctness;
- Discrimination against minorities in educational institutions;
- The necessity for increased gun control;
- The effects of anti-trust laws on modern companies;
- Negative or positive impacts of online social networks;
- The advantages and disadvantages of online education;
- The increasing role of product placement in modern movies;
- Peer-to-peer file-sharing and its influence on the musical industry;
- Sub-prime mortgage crisis and its effects on pension funds;
- Violence in mass media and its impacts on adolescents.
Exemplification Essay Topics: Looking at Social Sciences
A student, who needs a good exemplification essay topic, may focus on such areas as education, psychology, management, and so forth. These social sciences can offer you plenty of great ideas, for instance:
- The dangerous effects of work stress on a person;
- The effects of cramming on a student’s academic performance;
- The importance of role plays for the development of children;
- The effects of Darwinism on social sciences in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries;
- The implications of the feminist movement for the modern workplace;
- Jean Piaget and the importance of his ideas for modern education;
- Freudian psychoanalysis and its implications for treatment of mental illnesses.
Exemplification Essay Topics: History as the Chain of Causes and Consequences
History can be a great source of inspiration for people who need topics for their exemplification essays. You can certainly discuss one of the following questions in your paper:
- The philosophy of the Enlightenment and its influence on the political system of Western countries;
- The ideas of Adam Smith and their impact on the economic development of European countries;
- The Dreyfus Affair and its effects on the political life of the nineteenth century France;
- The importance of the American abolitionism movement in the nineteenth century;
- The French Revolution and its impacts on the political life of other countries;
- The fall of the Soviet Union and its consequences for the world economy;
- Industrial revolution and its effects on the life of workers;
- Regional trade agreements and their implications for local businesses.
You can definitely use one of these topics for exemplification essay. Overall, you need to make sure that your thesis is backed up by relevant and eloquent examples. If you do this, your paper will certainly earn you an A.